Golf Club History
The City of Atlantis was originally an 828-acre farm used to raise Brahman cattle. The farm was purchased and joined with two other parcels of land in 1958, and the development of Atlantis, the golfers’ paradise began. In 1960, an Inn and Clubhouse with an 18-hole golf course were designed and constructed. Soon after, a third nine-hole course (the East course) was built and opened. These facilities were known as the Atlantis Country Club & Inn, a semi-private facility with area property owners permitted to join on an annual basis.
In 1971, the golf course and Clubhouse were purchased by the members who formed the Atlantis Golf Club, Inc. The first annual meeting was held on February 8, 1971. A Board of Directors was elected, with B. Franklin Copp as the first President. In 2017, the club’s name was changed to Lost City Golf Club.